POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness : Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Oct 2003 08:49:00
Message: <3f9d224c$1@news.povray.org>
In article <pan### [at] gmxch> , "Christian Walther"
<cwa### [at] gmxch> wrote:

> Is this the intended behavior? (If so, could anyone explain it to me?)
> Have others noticed that too, or am I doing something wrong?
> Is this a bug that will eventually be fixed, or can I rely on my
> "workaround" remaining valid?

I do not know what you base your observations on, but they are incorrect.
POV-Ray does not behave the way to describe it.  Function images are created
by evaluating the function exactly as specified in the user manual.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde